Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

Nigel Jones <nigelj@gmail.com> writes:
> Personally I think get a couple of active developers that have been
> around a little while that maintain a few packages and get them into
> the AM role, and move some of the AMs into a DAM role...

Right, because these people normally have loads of time to kill.

> Also: say that if an AM/DAM does not process x applications a month
> (reasonably fair amount (say 5) and allow for vaccations/sickness etc)
> then they may face removal,

Sorry, but that's bullshit. Most applicants are not able to complete
their application in less than two months, simply because they have
other stuff to do. There are *very* few cases where people had the time
to finish everything in less than four weeks.

> as Yaroslav Halchenko said, there are ~61 AM's,

... we have about 20 active AMs, no matter what the statistic page
says.

> if each processed 3-4 applications a month (fairly) the queue
> could drop by 180+ in just a month, and that is only really 1 a
> week... Now I'm not sure exactly how hard an AM's work is, so lets
> make it 1 a fortnight,

You have obviously no idea how much time is sucked up by AM work.

Marc
--
BOFH #140:
LBNC (luser brain not connected)