Re: debian sarge is 3.2 or 4 ?

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 03:02:32AM -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Kevin Mark]
> > that would suggest that its the RM who has decided such issues in the
> > past unilaterilly.

> Conventional wisdom is that release management involves so much
> drudgery and so little recognition that the *least* we can do is let
> the release manager decide on codenames and version numbers.

IMHO, watching people spend their time on a thread talking about changing
the release version number now that we've already frozen is far more dreary
than any of the most tedious work that has to be done to get a release out.

But I guess *participating* in it is subjectively less dreary, or there would
be more people working on fixing RC bugs and volunteering to help process
upgrade reports.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer