Re: debian sarge is 3.2 or 4 ?

Andrea Mennucc wrote:
> now that sarge is frozen, I would like to start a discussion
> on the number to associate to Sarge release.

Now that sarge is frozen we have /etc/debian_version, the installation
manual, the release notes, and the website all containing the version
number 3.1. I've probably forgotten a few other things. Updating all
these things to change a version number kinda misses the point of a
freeze, doesn't it?

--
see shy jo, who argued for 4.0 at the appropriate time to discuss the
            version number to use