debian sarge is 3.2 or 4 ?

hi everybody

now that sarge is frozen, I would like to start a discussion
on the number to associate to Sarge release.

According to
 http://www.nl.debian.org/releases/sarge/index.en.html
Sarge may be released as "Debian 3.1"

In 2003, Scott James Remnant proposed in
that Sarge should be "Debian 4"; some (most?) people did agree.

But some other people refer to sarge as "Debian 3.1"  (or 3.2)

Considering that woody was released 19 Jul 2002, it took us
~3 years to release; in the meantime, all most important
components changed completely; and we did a lot of work
in Sarge, that I do not want to see numerically
represented as
    sarge = woody + 0.1

So I would much prefer if sarge would be called "Debian 4"

Do you agree?

a.

(ps: I apologize if this has been discussed recently...
 I googled around, but did not find any recent reference)