Re: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 04:52:58PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri)
> > On Apr 02, Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:
> >> So what?
>
> > So it is a problem, because currently it would not be allowed.
>
> Where does it say that such images are not allowed?

Our social contract, §1: "We will never make the system depend on an
item of non-free software".

Putting items from the non-free archive in the installer images does
just that. It is debatable whether the intention is the same, but by our
rulebook, this is not allowed.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks