Re: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels

Scripsit md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri)

>> > This does present certain logistical problems for producing installers.

>> Which ones?

> The fact that they need these firmwares to work.

So what?

>> It would be a better course of action to solve those problems than to
>> deliberately mislabel non-free firmware as free.

> So you would have no objections to distributing firmwares packaged in
> non-us on the debian install media?

Why would I (or anybody) object to that? The installer images in
question would of course need to be labeled as containing non-free
components, but that hardly constitutes a "logistical problem" that is
worth worrying about for long.

> This would be a possible solution to the problem.

What was the problem in the first place?

--
Henning Makholm                              "I consider the presence of the
                                      universe to be a miracle. The universe