Re: Always run dpkg --dry-run -i before running dpkg -i!

#include <hallo.h>
* Greg Folkert [Thu, Jan 06 2005, 07:13:02PM]:

> > The temporary apt-repository is the only reliable
> > solution.  m-a is solving a problem I don't have.
>
> Fine then, don't use it. It'll pull the deps before it install the
> modules and unloads them and re-loads them.

No, it doesn't. It uses the same cludge that most people would run by
hand (blind dpkg -i, on failure "apt-get -f install"). In fact, I did
nit find a clear solution to extract the list of dependencies and feed
apt with them when I wrote that part of code.

Regards,
Eduard.