Re: Always run dpkg --dry-run -i before running dpkg -i!

El jue, 06-01-2005 a las 17:50 -0500, William Ballard escribió:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:27:59PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > >From my point of view, those source packages are most often installed by
> > a dependency of some other *utilities* package. Once they are installed,
>
> So, what you're saying is, if I need some module foo source, I should
> look to be installing foo-utils and expect foo-source to tag along.
> If I don't find foo-utils, just look for foo-source.

 No, you should use module-assistant tool, which is a high level tool
that tries to avoid those problems. When you use a low level tool, you
have to know how to use it, and which can be the effects of using it in
some way or another.

> Can I count on foo-utils Suggesting foo-source?
> Is there a policy I can read?

 Yup, it is called Debian Policy.

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo