Re: switching to vim-tiny for standard vi?

Steve Greenland wrote:
> Okay, so that's not "about the same". Stefano? If the above numbers are
> correct, then the best case is a (696+200-560)==336K increase. Last I
> heard, the CD builders considered that a non-trivial amount of space. Or
> am I confusing the boot image with base?

Anything over a kilobyte matters for certian d-i boot images.

Anything under a half megabyte is pretty much noise for CD building. And
vim is already on the main CD anyway due to its popularity.

I would not have proposed replacing nvi with vim-tiny if it were not
fully technically feasable.

(BTW, spot the 7 mb package that entered standard recently with no prior
discussion.)

--
see shy jo