Re: Debian and the desktop

On Monday 12 December 2005 21:25, Joey Hess wrote:
> It's possible that this statement is false, and that some change might
> have been made in this area under less than clear circumstances as a
> kind of experiment just to see how long it takes for someone to notice
> and what traspires if they do. Or not.

Hmm. I do know why the change was made and expect either
- a reversal to the Sarge situation when the reasons for the change have
  disappeared;
_or_
- a proper discussion on wether to keep things as they are now, default to
  "the other" desktop (no, not that one ;-) or a solution where the user
  is actually offered a choice during the installation (which has always
  been my personal preference).

Keeping the current situation just because nobody comments is not a really
nice thing to do IMO. Please take this as me commenting.