Re: Debian and the desktop

On Monday, 12 December 2005 22:26, Frans Pop wrote:
> - a proper discussion on wether to keep things as they are now, default to
>   "the other" desktop (no, not that one ;-) or a solution where the user
>   is actually offered a choice during the installation (which has always
>   been my personal preference).
I also prefer asking the user, some people argue that the user doesn't know
about the difference between KDE and Gnome, but I can't see how that is bad.

If a user has a desktop of choice, she will choose the preferred desktop,
otherwise he will just select both or a random one, but at least will be
aware of the existance of two different desktops.

Ubuntu does basically that (people has to choose between Ubuntu and KUbuntu),
and people seem to like it.

Best regards
--
Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es