Re: Packages-arch-specific (was: Sparc build failure analysis)

[Russ Allbery]
> Maybe the right thing to do would be to work out a way for package
> maintainers to provide input to their own P-a-s entries in some sort
> of automated fashion?  It does seem like a package maintainer is
> generally going to know this sort of thing

Could be done, but my understanding is that they explicitly *don't*
trust maintainers.  In other words, p-a-s is separate from the
debian/control Architecture lines for the same reason the ftpmasters'
override file is separate from the debian/control Section and Priority
lines.  Because the buildd admins, and ftpmasters, *want* to maintain
this information manually.

I could be wrong.