Re: sarge uninstallable !?!

That day, Florian Weimer wrote
> I've seen this as well, but attributed it to an old sarge installer
> which used "testing" instead of "sarge" (or "stable") in the installed
> sources.list file.  In this case, an update from a pre-sarge testing
> snapshot (is installed by the base system) to a current etch version
> is attempted.  Such cross-release updates are not supported.

the friend sent me a tgz of the whole /etc/apt directory,
and I attached to the first email (but I forgot to talk about
it).

In /etc/apt/sources.list  there are
  deb http://debian.fastweb.it/debian/ stable main
  deb-src http://debian.fastweb.it/debian/ stable main
  deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
and there is not mention of testing.

This is why I am very amazed.

> By the way, your Mail-Followup-To: header is broken.

thanks;some time ago I decided to abide by
http://larve.net/people/hugo/2000/07/ml-mutt
but I forgot to fix this account

a.