Re: Announcement: Common Power-Management Framework

Kevin Locke <kwl7@cornell.edu> wrote:

> However, I realize that the
> GNOME Power Manager[1], and likely a KDE equivalent, already handles
> several of the tasks normally associated with power-management, so
> perhaps there is no need for another program to be handling events.
> What are your (or anyone else's) thoughts about the value of a daemon to
> invoke scripts based on the power-related HAL events?  Is this
> unnecessary given the function of the GNOME Power Manager and
> equivalents, or would it have enough value to be worth implementing?

Anything that saves me from installing more of KDE and Gnome than a
couple of libraries is worth implementing.  I don't want to be forced to
use some "Configuration Tool" for this, much less if I need to install
some "menu bar" on my "Desktop" (I always delete directories with that
name) to be able to access it properly.

Regards, Frank
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich