Re: Alternate proposal for Declassification of debian-private archives

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 12:35 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> (Followups to -vote)
>
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 08:30:37AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> > The primary reason for this is that the existing messages were sent to
> > debian-private with an expectation of privacy.
>
> As Matthew pointed out in [0] this expectation of privacy isn't really
> that strong, fundamentally because -private is open to anyone who joins
> Debian, and Debian's open to anyone joining it.
>
> [0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/11/msg00033.html

Part of beccoming a member is agreeing to uphold the policies of Debian
- such as the privacy of closed lists. (I don't recall exactly where I
read that, but I do recall reading it).

Current population is what 6 Billion?
Active members ~800 ?

I think there is a freaking huge difference between 'anyone who shows
the interest, effort, sanity and reliability needed to pass NM can read
my posts' and 'Jack The Ripper in outer mongolia can read them.'

Rob