Re: GR Proposal 2: Declassification of -private

Monroe Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> I don't think we have any moral right and barely any legal standing
> to publish messages which were made to a private mailing list under
> the current regime. The veto option doesn't cover this if we have
> lost contact with the author(s). Please add:

Any post to -private is made with the knowledge that anyone in the world
could, at some later point, become a developer and read that email. I
don't see how this would actually change the situation.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org
My preferred name is "you"