Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 2

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 03:06:49PM -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 04:01:54PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > However much of the
> > grief come from the | xlibs (>> 4.1.0) which is meant to handle upgrade
> > from woody which have a monolithic xlibs, and can probably be removed
> > now.
>
> It's already been removed in experimental, and is slated to be removed in
> the next upload of Xorg to unstable, be it 6.8 or 6.9. If this really is an
> important issue, I can do a 6.8 upload to unstable within 24 hours.

It is not. Most probably the only grief it cause is to make the
dependency graph so obscure that I cannot make anything out of it:

<http://debian.semistable.com/dot/xlibs_unstable.png>

On the other hand there is a circular depends libxi-dev <--> libx11-dev.

(btw, the last line of the description of libxi-dev have 2 typos,
maual and inteat.)

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>