Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

* Humberto Massa (humberto.massa@almg.gov.br) [051026 18:34]:
> in my workstation I try out a new package (for scientfic computing, a
> game for Lucas, a new development package) at least once each two days,
> and a lot of times they come with their libs and their daemons -- and
> their users. So I see them, and think "oh, no, this is not what I
> thought it would be", and --purge them. And the daemons' users pile up
> in /etc/passwd.

well, perhaps take it as administrators job to clean up /etc/passwd from
time to time if you install that many packages (because you as
administrator know which users were co-used with someone else, and which
not). But this is definitly not the most common scenario.

Cheers,
Andi