Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

Andreas Barth wrote:
* Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña (jfs@computer.org) [051026 18:09]:
"We can provide a sensible default for system users' removals that
copes with most situations and leave a door open (through debconf)
to sysadmins that want to fiddle with system users."

I really want to warn to try to be too smart by half. Reserving the name/uid-space by not removing the accounts works reasonable well,
and having at maximum 5-10 unnecessary accounts is also not the end
of the world either.

Problem being, if daemons don't remove their (supposedly exclusive-use)
accounts, you can end in two years with 100 unnecessary accounts in a
workstation.

--
HTH,
Massa