Re: localhost.localdomain

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005, Pierre Machard wrote:
> The fact is that nobody complained about that... and my bug was

Now we are :)

> repported more than one year and a half ago. Plus It was disscussed on
> debian-devel. Please do not argue with me!

It is nothing personal... it is just that your email was the first one
mentioning the .localdomain thing, I wanted to know why you needed it.

Heck, I had never noticed that all my new sarge installs had this broken
thing in them (but now I will have to quadruple-check mysql to make sure it
is not doing something idiotic behind my back.  I am pleasantly surprised
that it did not go up in flames, so maybe they fixed their localhost
braindamage).

> proposed something that worked on my system. It was widely discussed. I
> joined this current thread to show people who do not read -devel every day
> that we have already talk about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

It was useful, at least now we know the history of the change, and thus we
can deal better with it.  Thanks.

> Please have a look at:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/06/thrd2.html
> Subject: /etc/hosts: Two lines with the same IP address? by Thomas Hood

With a subject line like that, I certain would never expect it to be related
to 127.0.0.1 canonical naming... no wonder I never noticed the thread.

  Henrique Holschuh