Re: bogus lintian warning

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Easily caught: check to make sure the CVS files are not in the
> .orig.tz before complaining.

You keep assuming the bogus stuff ends up in the diff. It once happened to
me that it ended up on the .orig.tar.gz, but I don't recall exactly what
kind of fuckup I did (but it was a reaaaaaly weird one).

> > And it also tells you when upstream screwed up their dist-clean target,
> > which is quite useful too.
>
> No; it should not report uncorrectible warnings.

*IT* *IS* *NOT* *UNCORRECTIBLE*.   If you have a good reason to, you can and
should correct it.  You are just not supposed to do it just to shut lintian
up, use an override for that.

  Henrique Holschuh