Re: bogus lintian warning

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> The lintian warning source-contains-CVS-dir is bogus.
>
> I agree that upstream should not put CVS in their tarballs. But
> sometimes they do.
>
> So, it's a bogus warning. It should be removed from lintian.

It's not really a bogus warning; the point of it is so that you're
aware so that you can remind upstream not to distribute CVS files in
their tarballs.

You may decide that removing the CVS files from the orig is worse than
having them there,[1] but it doesn't excuse the fact that having them
there is bad (or at least stupid.)

Don Armstrong

1: In which case you can always put in an override...
--
You could say she lived on the edge... Well, maybe not exactly on the edge,
just close enough to watch other people fall off.