Re: a place for a package directory in root

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>     http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/readonly-root.html
> I won't summarize the whole discussion here.  I will just say that
> I see good reasons for adopting /run as a standard location for the
> storage of state information that needs to be stored prior to the
> availability of networking.  I see no good reasons for not adopting
> it.

Then, why not create it and show it works? If it fails, you have a good
reason, why not do it. Otherwise its feasibility is proved.

But I've a question on it: How can I use it? How can I set up /run before
init runs the init script that is responsible for it? This script should
be resistant to multiple start calls.

Bye, Jörg.
Macht besitzen und nicht ausüben ist wahre Größe.
                                                   (Friedl Beutelrock)