Re: a place for a package directory in root

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>     http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/readonly-root.html
>
> I won't summarize the whole discussion here.  I will just say that
> I see good reasons for adopting /run as a standard location for the
> storage of state information that needs to be stored prior to the
> availability of networking.  I see no good reasons for not adopting
> it.

Then, why not create it and show it works? If it fails, you have a good
reason, why not do it. Otherwise its feasibility is proved.

But I've a question on it: How can I use it? How can I set up /run before
init runs the init script that is responsible for it? This script should
be resistant to multiple start calls.

Bye, Jörg.
--
Macht besitzen und nicht ausüben ist wahre Größe.
                                                   (Friedl Beutelrock)