Re: a place for a package directory in root

Joerg Sommer wrote:

> But I've a question on it: How can I use it? How can I set up /run before
> init runs the init script that is responsible for it?

I'd assume you'd make the mounting of /run be the first script init
runs. So, it'd be /etc/rcS.d/S00mountrun (under SysV-style init, of
course). Or maybe it'd become part of S02mountvirtfs.

If this is still too late, init itself would have to do it.

> This script should
> be resistant to multiple start calls.

S02mountvirtfs already is. Or at least so say the comments.