Re: libpng10(/2) gone, [gdk-]imlib1 and GNOME 1 going -- check yourpackages

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> Now, the removal of libpng10 was probably premature, and I wouldn't
> have done it with so many packages still depending on it.  I would
> have orphaned it instead.  But it's been done now.  There are two
> ways to deal with that: put it back in the archive, or remove the
> things which depend on it.

We're in progress on the right strategy, I think.  I have now uploaded
and adopted imlib.  This now builds gdk_imlib libraries too, which the
existing version did not.  Once this gets past NEW processing, I will
file a bug report against gnome-libs requesting that it depend on the
new library.  Then we can request those things using gnome-libs to
depend on the new gnome-libs.

I am happy to adopt gnome-libs, but it has not been orphaned.  Let me
know if you would like me to take it over.

Thomas