Re: hotplug blacklists

On  Sep 19 18:25+0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Sep 19, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

<snip>

> It's arguable how much drivers blacklisting is critical.

  I've had a fair amount of trouble with hotplug loading modules that
cause a kernel panic (esp. on laptops).  In this case, what would you
recommend as a replacement for blacklisting?

> It's uncommon for users to do it, and as long as they read the
> NEWS.Debian email before rebooting nothing bad will happen anyway.

  How many people really read those, anyway? ;)

--
Eldon Koyle

--
Our swords shall play the orators for us.
		-- Christopher Marlowe