Re: slgdbm_1.6-2_i386.changes is NEW

* Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@computer.org> [2005-09-27 21:16]:

> My preference is for slang-foo, as it is more visible that it is
> a slang-related, rather than a generic DSO; slang-gdbm is more
> interesting to a slang developer than to a gdbm one, and this shows that.

Thanks for the advice.  I will change the name of the package in the next
upload.  I hope the ftp-master folks won't get mad on me...

> I can write up a short policy specifying it and include it in the next
> copy of slang2. Please CC: me on any relevant comments.

I would keep the first version really short.  The only two things that
are important for now is the package naming, the installation directory
for the modules, and maybe the dependency relationships.  The upstream
Makefile for slgdbm installs the module in
/usr/share/slsh/local-packages, but I moved it to /usr/share/slsh.  Do
you think this is correct?  As regards dependency relationships, slgdbm
has:

Suggests: slsh (>= 2.0) | jed (>= 0.99.17) | slrn (>= 0.9.8.1pl1-4)

I do not know whether this is appropriate or not.

--
Rafael