Re: Build-Depend'ing on libasound2-dev just for Linux

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:09:25AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 16 septembre 2005 à 00:33 +0200, Aurelien Jarno a écrit :
> > It is maybe a crazy idea, but it is the only one that work. What you
> > suggest simply doesn't work, as not+linux is a provided package, and the
> > autobuilders are not able to see it. In short a package with such a
> > build-dependency will FTBFS on non linux architectures, if built by an
> > autobuilder.
>
> In this case, it is enough to do something like:
> Build-Depends: type-handling, libasound2-dev | not+linux-gnu

No, that's too late, the Build-Depends are analyzed before installing
them. You'd need some kind of ugly Build-PreDepends or similar.

So type-handling is broken, do not use it. We (the GNU/kFreeBSD team)
have adopted it and will push for its removal once dpkg gets the
needed functionality.

regards,
guillem