Re: Build-Depend'ing on libasound2-dev just for Linux

Le jeudi 15 septembre 2005 à 20:16 +0200, Aurelien Jarno a écrit :
> type-handling is ugly and should be considered as deprecated. It will be
> replaced in the future by a the support of build-dependencies like
> [linux-any]. I hope the support will appear soon there (the patch to
> support that is in the BTS).

If support for it is in etch's dpkg, we will be able to use it *after
the etch release*. The policy has always been to require only dpkg
features from the previous stable release.

> Please also don't switch your package to type handling, and wait for the
> new dpkg, as it violates the new Debian Policy, which says that you
> should not change the build-depencies at build-time.

Of course, using type-handling for generating a control file in the
clean target is a crazy idea. The sane way to use it is:
Build-Depends: libasound2-dev | not+linux