Re: How can I build a package from source that require the source of another (library) package?

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Tomas Fasth wrote:

Well, I can and already do. But it doesn't make a difference because
pathan has been programmed to depend on the xerces source, not the
exported library interface. For example, this is how the compiler
error looks like:

I think I had to deal with this kind of thing when I was attempting to deal with packaging dbxml. (And its this kind of thing that makes me glad you're doing it not me!) It's still only looking for header files even though they are not public ones. So you should copy any headers it needs into your (pathan) source package as is done for device driver packages which rely on kernel headers not in the kernel-headers package.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>