Re: How can I build a package from source that require the source of another (library) package?

The Fungi skrev:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:34:30PM +0200, Tomas Fasth wrote:
> [...]
>
>>Pathan is a library that implements XPath functionality in c++. It
>>is available both as a separate tarball as well as bundled with the
>>Berkeley DB XML sources provided by Sleepycat Software. The pathan
>>build script require a path to the xerces source code tree. I have
>>tried to find a way to build the pathan library without providing
>>the xerces source but failed.
>
> [...]
>
> Can you intead build-depend on libxerces26-dev and give it the path
> to the headers that package installs?

Well, I can and already do. But it doesn't make a difference because
pathan has been programmed to depend on the xerces source, not the
exported library interface. For example, this is how the compiler
error looks like:

In file included from NamespaceAxis.cpp:14:
../dom-extensions/impl/XPathNamespaceImpl.hpp:12:44:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMNodeImpl.hpp: No such file or directory
In file included from NamespaceAxis.cpp:14:
../dom-extensions/impl/XPathNamespaceImpl.hpp:24:
error: syntax error before `;' token

--
Tomas Fasth <tomfa@debian.org>
GnuPG Fingerprint: DC7B 9453 7F26 1BF9 6B21 9F90 C187 7355 9FE8 D504