Re: wnpp situation

David Moreno Garza wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 11:02 +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
>
>>>But my intention was not to read the whole list and do this by hand!
>>>This should be done by the same script which sends the sem automated
>>>mails to the BTS.
>>
>>As there is a consensus that it is a good idea to close long-inactive
>>RFPs with a polite explanation, anyone who care enough should just
>>write a script to do it, and start running it. It can be done without
>>special privileges; the BTS control address is well known...
>

> Talking with adn on IRC, I've decided to launch an script that will
> close every opened ITP and RFP bug on the BTS with a lifetime greater
> than 600 days by tonight (or if anything goes wrong -I have an exam

Before you do that:

- note that there is software that probably can't be packaged:

[...]
AFAIK, if they are not DFSG-compliant (or depend it) they should be
listed here:
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/unable-to-package

- also note that there is software that waits some other software to get in:

- popular software with status unknown:

[...]

- software that should be packaged because it's good and popular:

[...]

- software you should talk about:

It's good idea.