Re: insighttoolkit2 is now available

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, bear wrote:

Thanks for your sponsor. I have added the "Uploads:" line in the control file
and fixed the bug in CMakeCache.txt.debian. The new packages are uploaded to
mentors.debian.net, namely

libinsighttoolkit2_2.2.0-2_i386.deb
libinsighttoolkit2-dev_2.2.0-2_all.deb
insighttoolkit2-examples_2.2.0-2_all.deb

Well, I'm only interested in the source of the packages because I definitely will
build the package myself before uploading.  For instance this reveals a problem
I would like to discuss here:

dh_shlibdeps -a
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkzlib.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkzlib.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkjpeg8.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkzlib.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkzlib.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkjpeg8.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkjpeg12.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkjpeg16.so not recognized

Do you have any idea what's the problem with these libraries?

Please recheck if it is OK. Thanks!

Further comments:

insighttoolkit2-examples:

   I guess you will have your reasons to put the examples into
      /usr/share/insighttoolkit2/examples
   But usually examples should be found in /usr/share/doc/<pkgname>/examples
   and thus I would like you to place a symlink to this directory.

libinsighttoolkit2-dev:

   I wonder why a dev package is architecture all.  Normally it contains
   headers *and* static libraries but obviousely there are no static libraries
   builded at all.

libinsighttoolkit2:

   I have no idea about cmake but it is really necessary to move
     /usr/lib/InsightToolkit/*.cmake
   files into the binary package?

Kind regards and thanks for your work on ITK

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de