Re: curl situation is intolerable

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 09:46:26PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Paul TBBle Hampson <Paul.Hampson@anu.edu.au> writes:

>> Mind you, the license/OpenSSLCallback conflict neccessarily
>> segregates the packages into two camps, those which are GPL, and
>> those which need the callback only supplied by the OpenSSL-linked
>> libcurl.

> You misunderstand my complaint.

I suspect I did not, but I possibly misdirected my answer.

> What I complain is that, once the packages have been so segregated, it
> is now *impossible* to even install both kinds on the same Debian
> system at the same time.  *That* is intolerable.

I totally agree. Somehow the _current_ situation managed to be worse
than any of the three solutions I proposed.

And the dlopening of libldap.so bug is prolly still present, going by the
package long description...

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/