Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 02:30:05PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> 9. MISCELLANEOUS.

>     Any law or regulation which provides that the language of a contract
>     shall be construed against the drafter shall not apply to this License.

Can a license exclude application of laws? Maybe there's a jurisdiction which
has such a law on the books, which _can_ be opted out of, but I doubt such
exists, as it would defeat the purpose of having that law in the first place.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/