Re: Spam on the BTS (was: Spam on this list)

In article <[🔎] slrndhpcfl.39a.joerg@alea.gnuu.de> joerg@alea.gnuu.de writes:
>Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> wrote:
>> In article <[🔎] 75EC4D5486CAC247B84AAAA6F96AA5580590F78B@orsmsx402.amr.corp.intel.com> markx.a.allyn@intel.com writes:
>>>I have also noticed tickets submitted to the bug facility that are
>>>spam. Can that facility be configured so that if the format (package
>>>name, version, etc) is not followed; the bug will not be emailed out
>>>to the lists?
>>
>> I've been working on the spam filtering for the BTS.  We are getting
>> over 100,000 spams/day and about 50/day get through the filters.
>
>Do you tried bogofilter

No

> or the like?

Depends how like you consider spamassassin's bayes filters, which are
used.

>> Would it be acceptable to reject or drop more non-spam?
>
>Drop not, but reject. It would be the best, if you can reject spam in
>the SMTP dialog.

This would take cooperation from debian-admin.

>> Would it be acceptable to delay questionable messages for a human to
>> review?
>
>How many message would be this? Is a spam team needed?

I'm already doing the reviewing, but after the messages get to the
bugs.  My guess is reviewing a few hundred messages/day, with a dozen
or two being non-spam.  The point to set could be tuned.  Mainly I'd
need help when I'm unavailable, but the other BTS admins would
probably be willing, or this could be turned off for a few days at a
time.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html