Re: Spam on the BTS (was: Spam on this list)

Hello Blars,

Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> wrote:
> In article <[🔎] slrndhpcfl.39a.joerg@alea.gnuu.de> joerg@alea.gnuu.de writes:
>>Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been working on the spam filtering for the BTS.  We are getting
>>> over 100,000 spams/day and about 50/day get through the filters.
>>
>>Do you tried bogofilter
>
> No
>
>> or the like?
>
> Depends how like you consider spamassassin's bayes filters, which are
> used.

No, I thought of crm114, dbacl and qsf. I use bogofilter and I'm
overwhelmed by its detection rate and I can't complain of the speed, as
many people do of spamassassin.

Which mail server do you use? Exim?

>>> Would it be acceptable to reject or drop more non-spam?
>>
>>Drop not, but reject. It would be the best, if you can reject spam in
>>the SMTP dialog.
>
> This would take cooperation from debian-admin.

Does this mean you drop spam, currently?

Regards, Jörg.
--
Gienger's Law (http://www.bruhaha.de/laws.html):
Die Wichtigkeit eines Newspostings im Usenet ist reziprok zur Anzahl der