Re: Spam on the BTS (was: Spam on this list)

Hello Blars,

Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 75EC4D5486CAC247B84AAAA6F96AA5580590F78B@orsmsx402.amr.corp.intel.com> markx.a.allyn@intel.com writes:
>>I have also noticed tickets submitted to the bug facility that are
>>spam. Can that facility be configured so that if the format (package
>>name, version, etc) is not followed; the bug will not be emailed out
>>to the lists?
>
> I've been working on the spam filtering for the BTS.  We are getting
> over 100,000 spams/day and about 50/day get through the filters.

Do you tried bogofilter or the like?

> Would it be acceptable to reject or drop more non-spam?

Drop not, but reject. It would be the best, if you can reject spam in
the SMTP dialog.

> Would it be acceptable to delay questionable messages for a human to
> review?

How many message would be this? Is a spam team needed?

Regards, Jörg.
--
Dummheit anprangern ist ungefährlich, weil sich niemand angegriffen fühlt.