Re: Interest in packaging GNU Shishi and GNU Generic Security Service?

> I see, right.  I note that a similar problem already exist, because
> Heimdal links with OpenSSL.  So it appears that code licensed under GPL
> could not link with Heimdal.  (A rdepend suggest e.g. lsh-server contain
> GPL code that link with OpenSSL through Heimdal)

Right.  This is one of the primary reasons why MIT Kerberos maintains its
own crypto library.  The MIT Kerberos licensing is specifically designed
to try to get Kerberos as widely used as possible.

> One motivation would be to get the unique features that Shishi has that
> the other Kerberos implementation has.  E.g., non-ASCII support,
> X.509/OpenPGP authentication through GnuTLS.

Maybe.  My experience, having run a large Kerberos realm for over a decade
now and having fought with countless applications to get Kerberos support,
is that this really isn't on anyone's radar.  It's hard enough just to get
them to look at Kerberos in the first place.

Anyway, I'm still interested.  I'm really busy at the moment and have some
other things that I have to finish before I can reasonably start a new
project, but it does sound like the packaging effort would be fairly
simple and I'd like to have shishi around to play with.