Re: Interest in packaging GNU Shishi and GNU Generic Security Service?

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 08:01:41PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Shishi can co-exist with either of MIT or Heimdal.  It doesn't use a
> similar API at all.  The library has a clean name space (shishi_*).
> The tools doesn't conflict with any (to me) known tools.

> I don't think the GSSAPI dev package would conflict; it places header
> files in $prefix/include/gss/ and the library is called libgss to
> avoid conflicting.  However, as it implement the standard GSS API, the
> namespace do conflict, so you can't link directly to more than one
> GSS-library at the same time.

Please add support for ELF symbol versioning, so that the usual
namespace problems can be avoided.

I notice from
that this lib is distributed under the terms of the GPL only, so I have
my doubts that it's particularly useful for Debian to adopt it.  Is
there any particular reason that GNU shishi is not made available under
the LGPL?