Re: Dogme05: Team Maintenance

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 10:16 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Thijs Kinkhorst:
>
> > On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 10:06 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> >> I've been privately told that an alioth admin demands hardware in
> >> compensation for his Debian-related work, effectively blackmailing the
> >> DPL.  I don't know if this is true, I hope it's not.
> >
> > Making grave accusations based on rumours is very destructive behaviour.
> > Either you make claims you can back up with references, or you keep them
> > for yourself. This doesn't do any good for anyone.
>
> I can't quote from private mail.  I've checked the claim with someone
> who knows the parties involved better than I, and he wasn't surprised
> at all.

Doesn't change my point: if you can't quote from that mail, don't make
unverifiable claims in a public forum. Either continue your quest in
private where you can back up your claim, or forget about it as long as
its not even remotely provable. Making unverifiable grave accusations in
public is never good, whatever the reasons that references are missing.

Thijs