Re: Dogme05: Team Maintenance

Quoting Florian Weimer (fw@deneb.enyo.de):

> Please keep in mind that responsible maintainers do not depend on
> unmaintained services such as alioth.debian.org.  If you must use it,
> make sure that you make periodic copies of archives stored on costa.

Well, I'm afraid that I'm not a responsible maintainer, then....:-)

So is the d-i team, the testing security team and so on.

Maybe alioth maintenance does not fit your own admin quality reference
system.

Then, I see a few solutions to this:

-contribute to alioth system administration
-make constructive suggestions (constructive suggestions are
 argumented suggestions and sometimes accept that people do not agree
 with what you suggest)
-do not use it
-build a concurrent collaborative development environment and convince
 people that it's better than alioth

As far as I know, Alioth maintenance is handled by the relevant people
on their free time, as a volunteer work (just like all work we do in
this project). Thus they deserve some respect for the time they invest
in it. *Even* if you do not agree with their technical choices or
method of work.