Re: Dogme05: Team Maintenance

* Christian Perrier:

> Well, I'm afraid that I'm not a responsible maintainer, then....:-)

But you do keep backups, I hope.

> Maybe alioth maintenance does not fit your own admin quality reference
> system.

I'm not the only one who is complaining.

> Then, I see a few solutions to this:
>
> -contribute to alioth system administration

This isn't possible, apparently, see Raphaël's message
<[🔎] 1125049640.15162.45.camel@pianobar.home.ouaza.com> and its
follow-ups.  Even DSA doesn't contribute to system maintenance.

> -make constructive suggestions (constructive suggestions are
>  argumented suggestions and sometimes accept that people do not agree
>  with what you suggest)

I made a suggestion which was trivial to implement and did fix a real
problem.  Check the mail archives to see how long it took until it was
acted upon.

> As far as I know, Alioth maintenance is handled by the relevant
> people on their free time, as a volunteer work (just like all work
> we do in this project).

I've been privately told that an alioth admin demands hardware in
compensation for his Debian-related work, effectively blackmailing the
DPL.  I don't know if this is true, I hope it's not.