Re: Team have veto rights, because they can just refuse the work anyway? (Was: Results of the meeting in Helsinki about the Vancouver proposal)

Hello David,

* David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net>, [2005-08-21 19:44 -0400]:
>  On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 11:29:51PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>  > [Wouter Verhelst]
>  > >    b) the three beforementioned teams could already refuse to
>  > >    support a port anyhow, simply by not doing the work.
>  >
>  > This is not really a valid argument.  If a team in debian refuses to
>  > accept decisions made by a majority of debian developers, or rejects
>  > democratic control, this team will just have to be replaced by the DPL.
>
>  I think the reality of this situation is that a team would refuse to do the
>  work due to valid reasons. The easy ones I can imagine are the ones we've
>  heard already, such as "We don't have the people to do this" or "We don't
>  have enough time".

I think that Petter was speaking about intentional boycott by a group of
DDs for some specific reasons. Lack of people or time is something which
is not malicious and that don't require the intervention of the DPL, but
only more contributors.

ciao,
	ema