Re: Team have veto rights, because they can just refuse the work anyway?

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:29:51 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> said:

> [Wouter Verhelst]
>> b) the three beforementioned teams could already refuse to
>> support a port anyhow, simply by not doing the work.

> This is not really a valid argument.  If a team in debian refuses to
> accept decisions made by a majority of debian developers, or rejects
> democratic control, this team will just have to be replaced by the
> DPL.

> The fact that some team in debian are able to refuse democratic
> control in the short term do not mean that their refusal should be
> accepted, nor be allowed to block the will of the majority of the
> project.  No-one in Debian are irreplacable, so I am sure we can
> find good people to take over if such team should ever appear in
> debian.  I trust us all to behave with reason, so we never end up in
> a situation where we need to test such hostile replacement.

        The constitution states that no developer can have "democratic
 control" imposed on them at all. Indeed, I reject any such control
 over anything I do for Debian. Feel free to ask me to be replaced.

        manoj
--
If only one could get that wonderful feeling of accomplishment without
having to accomplish anything.