Results of the meeting in Helsinki about the Vancouver proposal

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> "Vancouver" has gotten a very specific meaning in the Debian
> community: one of a visionary proposal[1] that received quite its
> share of flames from many Debian contributors, including
> myself. Since it appeared to many of us that the intentional result
> of this proposal would have been to essentially kill off many of our
> architectures, many of us weren't too happy with the proposal.

How about we completely scrap the proposal, and instead let the
decision be made by the DPL?  The DPL can use whatever criteria they
like to decide, although presumably they would be guided by documents
such as the Vancouver proposal.  The DPL would talk to the various
teams to get their input on whether an architecture should be
supported by Debian, but the DPL would have the final say.

The nice thing about this is that the DPL is an elected officer, and
so is directly accountable to the rest of Debian.  This tends to make
them better communicators.

Cheers,
Walter