Re: Using buildds only (was: Results of the meeting...)

Quoting Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>:
> According to stories I've heard from people from Ubuntu (that does it
> this way), it quite clearly isn't, because of the pretty high number of
> people who upload packages without even testing the build themselves.

Of course, DDs will do better :-)

> That doesn't test buildability.

But it tests binary packages, so somehow those are built.  One could
also add the requirement of adding a build log to the test protocol.

> Additionally, it's very easy to fake, because lintian and linda produce
> _no_ output if you don't have warnings or errors...

'-v'/'--verbose' could be hard-coded in the test script.  People
could always fake, forge, and fraud, but that's just an FTBFS.

Cheers, WB