Re: Czech translation of po-debconf templates completed

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:38:00AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:53:44 +0200, Christian Perrier
> <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> >And now welcome to the wonderful world of angry translators, where you
> >will find your stats approaching the 100% Nirvana without ever
> >reaching it, thanks to the efforts of our fellow Debian developers who
> >constantly change their translations...:-)....or omit updating their
> >packages with the new translations they receive...:-)
>
> As for changing the templates, are there automatisms in place to fire
> off e-mails to the translators and their mailing lists to inform them
> of changed templates?

Nope, nothing automatic. There's a tool in podebconf to allow developper to
do this email when they want to, but nothing like an automatic reminder to
translators when a package containing outofdate translation from them is
uploaded

It would be cool, for sure, but it still has to be done. And as Christian
noted, the bottleneck is mostly on the developper side here. I mean that
there is more translator waiting for their translations to get integrated
than developpers waiting for a given translator to update his work.

Of course, what's automatic is that outofdate translations will get
discarded from what's shown to users. Until they get updated, users will see
the english message instead.

Bye, Mt.