Re: runlevels remodeled

[Henning Makholm]
> Perhaps I'm just missing some specific technical definition of
> "multiuser", but what you describe sounds like "single user,
> multitasking".

This is old Unix jargon.  Multiuser mode is where regular logins and
shells are supported - specifically you've got gettys running to let
people log in on various terminals, and possibly inetd and sshd.
Single-user mode means you have a root shell at the console, and no
other ways to log in.

It has nothing to do with whether people actually log in to those
gettys as different users.  And at any rate, Debian isn't commercial
Unix; as such, we don't have a mechanism (or a licensing reason) to
limit how many unique users can log in at once.