Re: Dogme05: Team Maintenance

On 10381 March 1977, W. Borgert wrote:

> as a conclusion of many discussions at DebConf5, I propose to
> maintain all packages by teams.

No, thanks.

> VI. The advantages of team maintenance outweigh the problem of
>     team maintenance overhead.

Not everywhere, no.

> VII. Team maintainence helps us to collaborate with upstream
>      and derivers.

No, why? You can have good connections to them without team-stuff.

> VIII. Packages not maintained by teams are not to go into
>       unstable/testing/stable.

Nope, wrong way.

Team maintenance may be nice for many things, but to make it a
constraint is bad and works against it.

--
bye Joerg
<Sahneschnitter> Aquariophile: welches debian/ welche xfree version?